Tofu Veggie Burger and baked Kamote Fries

Ever since i got pregnant I wanted to eat a lot! And another really sinful junk foods that I always had in mind are..... Burgers and Fries!!!! But as a vegetarian and striving vegan, ( and a growing mother :D) I need to satisfy my cravings for the sake of my baby ( my mother told me to just eat whatever I want since it's really not for me but for the baby). So the night of Dec 30, I searched for a recipe book given by my husband last Christmas (2012). After a year of just resting there in my book shelf, I finally opened it ! And as i browse the pages of this Vegetarian cookbook, a lot of ideas popped in my head... " I'm really becoming a mother" thinking of the future recipes that I would prepare for my baby, for the whole family. hahaha! I suddenly laughed at myself... So there I saw several recipes for Vegan Burgers! And I was on high as I remember my experience eating that smoky BBQ burger in VeganBurg Singapore..... Anyway.... going back to my story.... Here is my first attempt in making a Veggie burger. I made it during New Year's Eve and shared it with my family and my husband's family! Hope you will enjoy making your own healthy burgers too! It may not be perfect for your taste, so you can edit the measurements or even the ingredients. You can add any vegetable you like, it's all up to you! Just enjoy and don't forget to share :D While preparing and cooking the food always smile and let your love be the secret ingredient ! I promise it'll be delicious! 

Tofu Veggie Patty

Ingredients
- 1 block of tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp flat parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup pili nuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats

Mix all ingredients in a food processor



 After mixing the ingredients, get the mixture and form a patty !


 In a low heat pan with olive oil, fry the veggie patty until desired crispiness is achieved

Baked Kamote Fries

Ingredients:
- 1 kilo Yellow Sweet Potato (Kamote)
- olive oil
- turmeric
- basil
-salt and pepper

Cut Sweet potato into strips or wedges. Mix with olive oil, turmeric, basil with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well. The amount of oil and spices depends on your taste :D

Bake in the oven for about 45 min in 170C.



And here is the finished product! Add lettuce , tomato and onions! I also added pili nut cheese, tomato ketchup and mustard! Enjoy!


My very supportive hubby enjoying the burger!

Light , Love, Peace yo! Meow!

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post