My Natural Water Birth Experience
It was 3 am Friday of July 4, 2014. I woke up feeling stomach cramps. I went to the bathroom and released mostly all that i ate the day before. Then my stomach started to contract again, and for the second time , I defacated. And again after 5 minutes. I knew this time, my contractions were different. "It's time for my baby to get out and meet the world!" said the little voice at the back of my head. I was worried and excited at the same time. I couldn't believe it, the day that we've been waiting for. We can't wait to see our little angel!
I went back to bed and woke up my husband. I told him " I think it's time". He calmly asked me if i was ok, and told him that the pain is tolerable.
The plan was to go to Quezon City for his appointment, but because of my contractions, we need to decide whether I stay at home or still go with him. I chose to be with him.
We went to Q.C. for his meeting as I monitor my contractions. I also informed my doctor and she told me that if I can't stand the pain I can go to the Ob complex of St. Lukes BGC.
While waiting for my husband's meeting, my contractions were 5 minutes apart with an average duration of 1 min. The feeling was like having a diarrhea plus strain on my lower back. The pain was tolerable, I can still walk and smile.
After the meeting, we went straight to St. Lukes for my scheduled check up with Dra Karen Torredes.
We arrived at St. Luke's around 2 pm. While waiting in the doctor's clinic, we continuously monitor my contractions. At 5pm, finally it was our turn. Dra. Torredes checked for my cervix, and measured 5 cm! She gave us admission slip, and we went straight to the admissions office.
After filling up the necessary papers needed, we went to the birthing suite at the 8th floor. I refused to ride the wheel chair, for it might hinder my contractions and cervix dilation. At the 8th floor, we were welcomed by friendly nurses. A nurse took my weight and assisted us to our birthing suite room 805.
As I entered the room, I immediately went to the birthing pool, blessed the room with divine energy, also invoked for divine guidance and protection from all healing angels and saints :) . Then we arranged our things needed for the labor process, like incense, soothing meditation sounds, yoga mat and towel, and asked the nurse for the medicine ball. We felt at home in this nice room. All set for a safe birthing!
![]() |
| My last supper. Just the malunggay soup and some fruits for me. |
Around 11 pm my cervix dilated to 8cm! After 2 hours, at 1 am it went to 9cm. To alleviate pain during contractions, I did some yoga poses, pranic breathing, meditation, hip rotations, hot showers and there are times that I stayed in the birthing tub with warm water for hours.
![]() |
| Me and my husband at 9 cm |
Finally, at 1 pm after 12 hours of being stucked at 9 cm, the doctor suggested that she'll have to induce my labor. After knowing that she'll give medications, I went straight to the bathroom, took another hot shower and went to the birthing pool for the nth time. But this time, I was praying and talking to my baby that we need to work together. I don't want her to receive medications, I want this to be all natural. I did my pranic (energy) breathing so that the energy will flow through my body, and continuously repeating this prayer:
I am not the body
I am not the emotion
I am not the thought
I am not the mind
The mind is just a subtle instrument of the soul
I am the soul
I'm a spiritual being of divine intelligence, divine love, divine power
I am one with my higher soul
I am that i am
I'm one with the divine spark within me
I'm a child of God
I'm connected with God
I'm one with God
I'm one with all
Minutes later, my doctor arrived and saw my baby crowning. Immediately they prepared the things needed. My husband prepared the video and positioned himself behind my back and massaged my shoulders. I wasn't able to do the yogic breathing I learned in yoga, meditation and from my birthing class since the doctor told me to hold my breath during inhalation then push for ten counts. I really don't know how to push, but during that time I just have to let go. One push and she's out!
What a relief! I don't know why I did'nt feel the pain. We were too happy to see our gift from God. Although it did'nt go so well as planned in our birthplan, the moment was still perfect. Everything was perfect as planned by God.
I'm very grateful for the gift of healing, through yoga and meditation. I made it through the whole labor without taking pain medications. But it was not that easy, I may not look in pain ( as the nurses and doctors told me, since I can still smile even at 9 cm), but 34 hours of labor without sleep and food was really hard. I am also grateful for my doctor, (I changed doctor again at 39 weeks) for being supportive and patient the whole time. Thank you to all the nurses at St. Luke's for being nice, and accomodating. Thank you to my loving husband, I love you!
Another lesson in life:
Sometimes (or most of the time), we are so obsessed in controlling things around us. We hold on to the ideals, that when our expectations are not met, we tend to be depressed and feel lost. Fear, also comes to play and a lot of thoughts will pop in our heads, " what if something goes wrong?". There are those times that we need to let go and just trust that everything will be fine. I was thinking too much when I was in labor, always thinking that what we had planned should push through, I'm very confident and ready since I did my regular yoga and meditations, attended a natural birth class, had everything prepared for water birth.
But there are times that we should just go with the flow and accept things even if it would mean letting go of set plans and accept the unexpected events. As for me, the moment the doctor told me that she'll induce my labor, with much hope and faith, I let go of negative thoughts and went to the birthing pool. Luckily, i was able to birth naturally and my baby was very healthy. With the help of my higher soul and all the healing angels and saints, we were safe. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just trust , have faith and everything will be ok :)
![]() |
| Our precious gift of life, Zoe Dorothy :-* |













Mga Komento
Mag-post ng isang Komento