The Birth Basics workshop - Birthing is a Blessing
When I was younger, I never thought of having my own family. Being married was never on my dreamlist. And of course, being pregnant does not exist in my universe. When I took up my second Bachelor's degree course, Major in Nursing, I had so many memorable experiences. The most special of them all ( aside from my duty in Mandaluyong Mental Hospital ) was assisting pregnant women in the Ob ward. From 10 pm to 6 am shifts, assisting doctors in the delivery room was no joke. My legs were always sore standing for hours. I got used to blood, internal organs, and anything unimaginable. There's no rest in the delivery room, specially the government hospitals where we took our duties.
I realized how hard it is to be pregnant. I saw different faces during labor, and how it changed from like a crumpled paper to a sudden blissful face once baby was delivered to their breasts. But there are also events that are not so wonderful, like having stillbirths, mothers who were "harassed" by doctors who are stressed out by nonstop baby deliveries.
I was very fortunate to have experienced delivering a baby. The patient was 13-15 years old as I can remember. She was a very strong girl. The doctor allowed me to experience delivering a baby. As the baby was crowning , I assisted the head by clamping my two peace fingers to the baby's neck and lightly turned it clockwise, gently the left shoulder went out and the right. Still holding the head with my right hand , my left hand glided towards the baby's feet. Now as I placed the baby on top of the mother's chest, I then clamped the umbilical cord with 2 clamps and cut it in between. Then using first clamp near me, i gently rolled the umbilical cord, slightly tugging it so the placenta will come out. And that's what I learned from the hospital setting. After that experience, I was so scared to get pregnant. I can still remember the scream of agony and pain of mothers in the delivery room. And it was engraved in my head that giving birth is not easy, a life threatening situation that puts a woman at risk.
As the years passed by, and met my " the one", now my husband :), things changed. I'm more aware of my body, (thanks to yoga and meditation) I gained strength and have a more positive outlook in life. Being pregnant can be fun and easy with exercise, proper nutrition rich diet and prayers can really help in alleviating anxiety during pregnancy. And attending a Natural birthing workshop would definitely boost more confidence to future mothers and fathers.
My husband and I are really grateful to have met such wonderful souls, Mrs. Betty San Luis and partner Mr. Manny San Luis. We attended the basic birthing workshop last June... during my 38th week of pregnancy. I thought i was ready giving birth,but this workshop gave us more information about natural birth. And my husband was really active in every activity, i was so surprised!
We did a lot of activities and it was really fun and informative at the same time. We are now more equipped and ready to give birth anytime. We highly recommend this workshop to all future parents out there.
To all future moms, be prepared and always have time to exercise, meditate, eat well, and most of all pray. Prayers are powerful! It will lead you to places and people that will be of help to your journey as a mother, specially preparing for a smooth and blessed birthing!
Blessings to all!
You can contact Birthing is a Blessing through FB https://www.facebook.com/birthingisablessing/
I realized how hard it is to be pregnant. I saw different faces during labor, and how it changed from like a crumpled paper to a sudden blissful face once baby was delivered to their breasts. But there are also events that are not so wonderful, like having stillbirths, mothers who were "harassed" by doctors who are stressed out by nonstop baby deliveries.
I was very fortunate to have experienced delivering a baby. The patient was 13-15 years old as I can remember. She was a very strong girl. The doctor allowed me to experience delivering a baby. As the baby was crowning , I assisted the head by clamping my two peace fingers to the baby's neck and lightly turned it clockwise, gently the left shoulder went out and the right. Still holding the head with my right hand , my left hand glided towards the baby's feet. Now as I placed the baby on top of the mother's chest, I then clamped the umbilical cord with 2 clamps and cut it in between. Then using first clamp near me, i gently rolled the umbilical cord, slightly tugging it so the placenta will come out. And that's what I learned from the hospital setting. After that experience, I was so scared to get pregnant. I can still remember the scream of agony and pain of mothers in the delivery room. And it was engraved in my head that giving birth is not easy, a life threatening situation that puts a woman at risk.
As the years passed by, and met my " the one", now my husband :), things changed. I'm more aware of my body, (thanks to yoga and meditation) I gained strength and have a more positive outlook in life. Being pregnant can be fun and easy with exercise, proper nutrition rich diet and prayers can really help in alleviating anxiety during pregnancy. And attending a Natural birthing workshop would definitely boost more confidence to future mothers and fathers.
My husband and I are really grateful to have met such wonderful souls, Mrs. Betty San Luis and partner Mr. Manny San Luis. We attended the basic birthing workshop last June... during my 38th week of pregnancy. I thought i was ready giving birth,but this workshop gave us more information about natural birth. And my husband was really active in every activity, i was so surprised!
We did a lot of activities and it was really fun and informative at the same time. We are now more equipped and ready to give birth anytime. We highly recommend this workshop to all future parents out there.
To all future moms, be prepared and always have time to exercise, meditate, eat well, and most of all pray. Prayers are powerful! It will lead you to places and people that will be of help to your journey as a mother, specially preparing for a smooth and blessed birthing!
Blessings to all!
You can contact Birthing is a Blessing through FB https://www.facebook.com/birthingisablessing/





Mga Komento
Mag-post ng isang Komento